DO YOU WANT TO USE YOUR STRATEGY SKILLS FOR THE BIGGEST CLIENT OF THEM ALL: PLANET EARTH?
Creatives for Climate is looking for an engaged, experienced and dead smart Strategy Lead who wants to make a difference and drive change. This is a part-time, volunteer position, and can be held in combination with a day job.
Creatives for Climate is a self-organized community born out of the Creatives for Climate Summit - held last September at Patagonia - which brought together 140 key stakeholders from the Dutch advertising and marketing industry. Read more about the Summit here.
The Summit led to a collective declaration of a climate emergency by 20+ agencies, including the ADCN (The Art Directors Club, the Netherlands). Since, we have distributed four creative briefs, in collaboration with activist groups - resulting in the creation of over 150 executions. Read more about the impact Creatives for Climate has had so far here.
We are working towards systemic change and believe that the creative community can and should play a huge role here. We’re looking for a strategist to help continue mobilizing the creative community to use its power and influence to take a collective stand for the climate.
Specifically we need someone to take the lead in defining and writing creative briefs from groups like Extinction Rebellion to give to the community of creatives, who will, together with you, drive these forward to turn into creative executions and communication campaigns.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Write and distribute creative briefs that call on creatives everywhere to use their skills to tell the truth about and amplify awareness of the climate emergency. Examples of previous briefs here
- Help manage and build the Creatives for Climate community - online and IRL - driving engagement and collaborations
- Join the Creative for Climate cross-sector core team (made up of experts in finance, science and biology, regenerative agriculture, arts and culture, and activism) to help steer Creative for Climate and come up with new ways to drive rapid and urgent change
- Contribute to Creatives for Climate panels and events, and speak on behalf of Creatives for Climate at external events to raise awareness of the community, its mission and impact
The right person for this volunteer role:
- Is a self-starter and can take ownership of new initiatives and projects
- Loves being involved in great creative work
- Can come up with inspiring and razor sharp briefs that fuel the imagination and steer creative work
- Is experienced in collaborating with creatives and shaping communications strategies
- Has an interest and engages in environmental activism
- Wants to make a difference for our planet and use their talent for good
- Is able to commit to an estimated 10-15hrs of time per week to Creatives for Climate + monthly team meetings.
Email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org